Day 183 - Lazy grilling

Today was a lazy, lazy day, hot and wonderful outside. It was perfect for spending time lounging in the shade, which I did poolside while I caught up with a friend.

The painted shoe project continues, this time a tad more successfully, but it's a slow, slow process; lots of measuring, taping, painting... and then repeating the process.  It's the perfect lazy days project though, since there's no rush or urgency.

I bought a steak the other day while we were restocking the kitchen, and figured I would broil it since I don't have a grill. But it's been so hot, turning on the air to turn on the broiler seemed like a ridiculous idea. Buying a grill for one steak seemed more ridiculous.

I was melting chocolate in the microwave when I noticed it had a setting for grilling, so I pulled out the owners manual and discovered that it was a microwave and a small oven. I decided I would try grilling in the microwave; it was cheaper than buying a grill. The steak  was just ok. But that was my fault. It wasn't my favorite cut, and I didn't like what I put on the steak to season it, but it was actually cooked well. Very odd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment