Day 184 - Today is all about tomorrow

I totally missed that somewhere between the 1st and 2nd was the halfway point to this party of posting.  I thought I would mark the occasion, post something special, make an announcement, but instead I was too distracted.  Sounds fairly typical!

Regardless of what is going on with my posting experiments, the real world continues and today it was all about tomorrow because tomorrow of course is the 4th of July.  In my world, the 4th necessitates food and costuming.  So today, was dedicated to creating both.

I started with the costuming.  The girls had these dresses my mom made for them 2 years ago, but they were too small for them to wear anymore, so I asked them if I could make them into skirts.  Lucky for me, the girls agreed, and we went from 2 dresses to 2 skirts in no time. Especially after I found this post on elastic casings, because sometimes it really is the small things that makes life better.

Then after altering the dresses, I made 2 treats, the haystacks and the brownie bites. I will be making both again. And just like that, we were all ready for the 4th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment