Day 174 - Skirting the issue


A few years ago a friend gave me this dress. I have always loved the peacock pattern, but the fit of the top of the dress was just not right and it was too long.  To make it shorter, I would have to take the top off the dress, because hemming from the bottom would destroy the pattern.   I was staring at the dress in the closet, considering how hard it would be take off and alter the dress from the top down, when it occurred to me that it could be a skirt instead.

So, I did a little research and found this blog post on how to turn a dress into a skirt, whipped out my scissors and started cutting. About 15 minutes later, I had a new little skirt that I will am sure will get more wear than the little dress ever did.

I also went to Google search class today. I couldn't resist taking a picture of the fleet of bikes they have for the Google employees to use.  Watching them pedal around on the little bikes was even more amusing...


0 comments:

Post a Comment