Day 310 - Wasting Time

I read this book today.  The entire book.  I was able to read the entire book because it was a lazy Sunday and I had the time to read. The writing wasn't very complex, and required very little thinking or processing on my part, so it was a quick read.  I didn't hate it, but it wasn't exactly the best use of my time. 

It's one of the Pants books, where the group of 4 friends share a magical pair of pants...It's a Young Adult novel series, things like that are normal in YA lit. I read the 1st two of the series during a Young Adult Literature class I took last summer and they were entertaining. This novel is supposed to be a follow-up, revealing what happened to the girls 10 years after the novel has ended.  But, the sad part is, none of the characters have really matured in the part 10 years, and are seemingly stuck in the same behaviors as when they were 19.  They have new jobs, but for the most part they have the same boyfriends and the same behaviors. That's kind of depressing and really doesn't make a lot of sense, unless it was written for a YA audience that doesn't yet know that a lot of stuff tends to happen to you in the 10 years between 19 and 29...

0 comments:

Post a Comment