Day 304 - Drama on the High Seas


The theme for the Halloween this year was tears.  Lydia started us off, crying this morning because despite the fact that I had warned her she wasn't wearing her costume to school, she was still devastated that she wasn't wearing her costume to school because it just "didn't feel like Halloween." I totally get that.
Fast forward to 1pm and now it was my turn to cry as I tried to navigate the elementary school  hell known as the "Halloween Parade."  For some reason I thought that arriving early would allow me to park within a 5 block vicinity of the school, and that when they said parade, children in costume would actually be walking in some organized fashion. Wrong on both counts.  After hiking in, I discovered a gaggle of children sitting the hot sun, walking around each other in no particular order.  Can you spot my child? Yea. Me neither.






So back to work I ran for meeting, while the girls and Claire, afternoon super-nanny, went Trick or Treating through downtown Willow Glen.  Then back home I ran to meet up with the girls and whisk them off to their next stop, dinner and Trick or Treating. This was actually the highlight of my experience; cute kids, nice adults, good food, and a balmy evening to stroll from house to house.  It was perfect. Uneventful, candy-filled perfect.


And then we went home and hit our third and final meltdown, and exhausted Teagan, high on pixie sticks collapsing under the emotional and mental stress of Halloween.

Last question Lydia asked me before she went upstairs to bed?  "What are we going to be next year?"   I asked if we could finish one Halloween before we started planning another.

0 comments:

Post a Comment