Day 297- Squish ick

Lydia had squash at Gramma's house a few weeks ago and convinced me to buy some at the store last week. Tonight we attempted to cook and eat the squash. First I had to saw it open, and then we tried to bake it. I followed the directions on the little sticker attached the the squash, and 40 minutes later ended up with something that still looked and smelled like raw pumpkin.




After showing it to Lydia who told me it wasn't ready yet, I tried to cook it in the microwave.



Here's what we ended up with, in it's mushy glory.  And I still had to scrape them out of their hot skins before we could eat them. 
I hated them.  I've always been a fairly adventurous eater, there isn't much I don't eat or won't try, but the texture, that stringy, guts-of-a-pumpkin texture was a mouth-feel that I did not enjoy. I didn't mind the taste, and I could see where butter and salt would make the squash delicious, but I can't think of anyway to fix that awful texture. Bleah. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment