Day 270 - Cookie Drama

We have a major problem. I made cookies tonight and they didn't turn out. If you don't know me, you might not know that I take my cookies seriously, very seriously.

To celebrate my mom's birthday, tonight the girls and I made her oatmeal butterscotch cookies. (No raisins because she doesn't like raisins) I know these cookies. I have been making these cookies for the past 10 years, and something was very very wrong. They tasted like my cookies, they certainly don't look like my cookies. They were all flat and wrong. So, I did the logical thing. I put the girls to bed, and I made the cookies over again. I usually only make a half batch of cookies, so I still had all the ingredients. And again, the cookies were wrong...

I am blaming the oven at the new house. I moved in during June, and I haven't been doing a lot of baking since it's been summer time.

I miss my oven. It was a good oven, we had a very good working relationship.  It was a convection oven, which meant I could bake 3 sheets of cookies at one time, just like a commercial oven. That is very important if you are making lots and lots of cookies, like the dozens and dozens I make at Christmas.

I wanted to take my oven with me when I moved, but apparently that is not allowed and wouldn't have been easy to swap out at a different house. At my new house, I also have a convection oven, apparently it's not quite the same.

I was able to make Lydia some cinnamon rolls. But they are processed cinnamon rolls that would probably turn out if you make them in an Easy Bake oven so that doesn't count.


0 comments:

Post a Comment