So here's the plan...

So I finished an entire 365 blog, a goal I honestly didn't think I would meet. It wasn't perfect: I didn't succeed in posting everyday, there were typos and I actually only had 364 photos. But it was a challenge, and if there is one thing I don't like to back down from, it's a challenge. I might have a bit of a stubborn streak... all in all, I felt like I met the challenge, and for some reason, I found in mildly engaging. Engaging enough to actually sort of miss it after 9 blissfully post free days...

I kind of enjoyed recording our strange adventures. and it held me accountable. Doing nothing really wasn't an option if you are challenged to blogging what you were doing. And, if ever there had been a year where I needed to keep busy, it was 2011, and it certainly kept me busy, sometimes in a way I found more than mildly irritating.

So, here we are 10 days later and after careful thought and consideration, I have established some new  plans for the year, plans that have been percolating for the past few weeks and/or months. In no particular order:

  • Plan 1: this blog is transforming into a project 52 - meaning I plan on recording what's been going at our little house, but only on a weekly basis. It seems much, much more feasible and fun. 


  • Plan 2: project 52 for the girls blog, with a twist.  This blog has prevented me from updating my girls' blog for more than 6 months, and seeing as our trip from 2010 is still on our camera, I have a lot of updating to do, so:  At least 1 new post a week, AND, one archive post from the past to get us back on track.  More like a project 52*2
  • Plan 3: Clean out and organize my bookmarks.  That might sound super lame to some of  you, but I have almost 4,000 bookmarks and getting them organized is a project that needs my time and attention and is preventing me from getting to plan 4... 
  • Plan 4: Nerdy personal tech projects. Things too ridiculous to explain, but involving Yahoo Pipes, RSS Feeds, ScoopIt, coding and a variety of other strange pursuits. 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment