Day 223 - Let's Lunch

Today is Thursday. The girls start school on Monday. It's an emotional time for me. I have already gone back to work, but when I get home in the afternoon, they are still on vacation, ready to swim and bike and play.  On Monday, their afternoons will start to be filled with backpacks and homework and activities. I am going to miss our vacation time, I enjoyed spending lazy days with them so much, we've had quite a summer together.

Okay, fine. I hate change. Moving from one defined experience to another is not my strong suit. But, then I remember how much they enjoy making friends, playing, learning new things and having new experiences and how fun for me to witness their joy and I get a little excited...

Because I wanted them to enjoy summer until the last minute, I didn't mention school starting much, but today we all had to face the music and do a big shop to get ready for the first day. At the top of the list?  New lunchboxes. They have had the other lunchboxes for like 3 school years, and they are still going strong, but they felt like they needed something new... They chose the same lunchbox.  I can see a lot of morning arguments erupting over these monkey lunchboxes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment