Day 177 - Polka Dot daze

The girls have been waiting patiently for their Minnie Mouse bathroom to be completed, but that pink polka dot room has been more time consuming than I had thought it would be between getting the bathroom functional and finding things to decorate with.

Last week I shopped myself to exhaustion attempting to find decor, and today I decided I would tackle the issue of function. My first task was to hang a towel bar. If you have never hung a towel bar, you might assume it's a simple task; it's not.  It requires drilling holes and installing drywall anchors, levels, tape measures and tiny screwdrivers. It also required a trip to Home Depot, and while checking out, I realized I had left my wallet at home.  So, hanging the towel bar required two trips to Home Depot. And because Home Depot was next door to Toys Or Else, we needed a trip there as well, where we discovered a McDonald's DriveThru play set with a fryer that made realistic noises.  Gross.

With Lydia's help, I managed to hang the towel bar and the new pink polka towels. Moments later, I was cursing the man who invented those little non-stick tub flowers as I scraped them off the fiberglass tub with a paint scraper and a razor blade for the next 45 minutes. But the now the bathroom is complete, and sufficiently pink and polka dotted for Lydia's Minnie Mouse design concept.  Although she did mention she would have preferred me to paint the bathroom pink...

0 comments:

Post a Comment