Day 169 - Lemonade and Hattitude

Last night we got in late from Disneyland, but there is no rest for the weary. Today marked 1 week in our new house, although we haven't been here for half of the week. I also had concert tickets, so to celebrate, I had a very small gathering before the show. A small gathering of three.

We went see Britney Spears. It was sort of ridiculous as I am not really a big fan, but you never know what you might miss if you say no to that type of invitation. So, in honor of Ms. Britney, I decided to make Lynchburg Lemonade, being as she's from the south and all.

I wanted to make a pitcher of drinks, and used this recipe for inspiration, but I made some changes to make it stronger, I mean tastier.  So my recipe was 1 part bourbon, 1 part Triple Sec, 1 part citrus soda and 2 parts lemonade.  I used SunDrop soda, which is like Squirt or Fresca, and real lemonade, not Country Time.  I served it over ice and threw in a maraschino cherry for good measure.  They were delicious.  When we got to the concert, we ordered margaritas and asked for whiskey instead of tequila. The bartender told us those were called Sweet Whiskey Sours, but I can't find a recipe that is even close.

The two most amazing things about this concert were my hat and what people wore to the concert. I was excited to get ready for the concert because it was a great chance to wear some of my cocktail attire and false eyelashes.  When I finished getting dressed, I remarked that what I really needed was cute hat to wear.  I had tried to convince Lydia to get a cute little Pirate's theme fedora instead of the Captain Jack hat, but she wasn't having it. However on the way to the concert, we got a little lost-ish, and sitting in a planter box was an adorable little hat, waiting just for me. See, you do have to be careful what you wish for... So, I plunked the little hat on my head to complete my outfit and managed to find the Shark Tank.

I wouldn't call myself a frequent concert go-er, but I have been to a few concerts, and never before have a seen an audience quite like this.  Everywhere I turned, people were dressed up; either as Britney might be dressed if she were attending a concert, or my favorite:  people dressed AS PAST BRITNEY PERFORMANCES.  They wore tribute outfits!  It was amazing, and hysterical all at the same time and I loved it.  The concert was fine, fireworks, flying, singing, dancing, hair extensions.  All you would expect, but it was the audience that did it for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment