Tiny Tart Tarts

I have been following a blog on Facebook, called Polly, Julie, Julia.  Of course the author, Polly, is a cook, who posts her recipes on Facebook.  It's lots of fun because people make comments on the recipes and get me all excited to cook.

A few weeks ago, I saw a post for lemon curd that could be made in the microwave and my mouth started watering. A few days later, I had a HUGE batch of lemon curd in my refrigerator.

Lydia loves lemon pudding, and so I tried to feed it to her on toast and waffles, but after eating three bites, she said it was good, but that she didn't want any more... So, that left me with a gallon of lemon curd to eat.

I decided to make some lemon tartlets to use up the curd.  I usually use my Aunt Dorothy's pastry recipe, but I really wanted more of a shortbread recipe, so instead I found this recipe for a lemon tart with an unshrinkable crust.  But, I didn't use her recipe for the filling, because I had that gallon of lemon curd in the frig.

So, I used the nifty little tartlet maker from Pampered Chef, to fill my mini cupcake pans with tart shells.    I baked them, filled them and then ate way too many of them. They were tart and tiny and delicious... yum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment