Day 251 - Terror at the Little House

My day started a little too early for me. About 2:45am. That is when the large winged insect that had been hiding in my bedroom started doing laps around my room, making so much noise that I woke up and started flipping out.

I am not usually frightened of bugs or spiders, but this flying, long antenna-ed thing was more than I could handle.  I am shocked that the girls slept through my massive late night meltdown.

I considered shutting the door and going to sleep in another room, until it occurred to me that I would have to come back in the morning to get dressed and that the insect could be hidden out of sight, ready to pounce.

So, instead, I attempted to shoo the insect out of my bedroom with my Ikea catalog, a broom, a dustpan and a large can of raid.  I ended up with a huge bruise on my palm from the broom hitting the wall, a bruise on my foot from dropping the Ikea catalog on it, and a bruise on my hip from crashing into the door while trying to get away from the advancing insect.  Like I said, I am surprised the girls slept through this. When I was finally able to subdue the monster with raid, I ushered him outside in the dustpan, and left the whole mess on the patio. I decided it might be a good idea to buy a new broom and dustpan, lest I spread insect eggs around the house.

When I went to show Carmen the horrible monster, the dustpan was empty.  It's alive, and it's still out there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment