Day 241 - Socks and Sweet Fish

It was a challenging day of training and homework, so we made an escape to Target for new socks. We wore flip flops all summer and I didn't notice that the girls' socks had gotten smaller and smaller, which was sort of ridiculous since their shoes were getting bigger and bigger. We have a lot of drama about socks, and by we, I mean all of us, including me.

Teagan can't deal with socks that have "gruppilies" inside. Roughly translated, that means that she won't wear socks with threads or stitching inside that she can feel with her feet.  If she can feel anything, it's cause for a major meltdown. And she can't wear socks that are below her ankle, as she swears they slip down into her shoe. That's almost worse than the gruppilies.

Lydia will not wear any socks that come up past her ankle, as she swears they are too tight, and now that she has discovered socks with colored trim, she wants her sock trim to match her outfit. She's okay with gruppilies, but only if the sock is low-rise and in a color she approves of... Okay...

I have to take some responsibility for their sock issues, as I too have sock preferences.  I hate gruppilies, those little threads make me nuts. I prefer colored or patterned socks to white, and they have to be low rise if they are for sports, and then I get weird about sock height between over the ankle to knee high...so, we have some very impassioned conversations in the sock aisle. We are the family that has to try on the socks and open the package before purchase while talking about the gruppilies.

If you have ever shopped for little girls socks, you are well aware that they are either sports socks (with a million little loops like terry cloth towels) or are highly decorated and have a thousand tiny threads inside, and the socks aren't really designed to be tried on before purchasing.  But today we had sock break through as Teagan decided low rise socks were something that was an option, and Lydia was willing to be experimental with colors. All of this could change by tomorrow, but we'll deal with that then.

Lydia added a treat to the cart when I wasn't looking, and when I asked about it, she told me "they are really good Momma, they are Sweet Fish!"  Sweet, Swedish, whatever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment