Day 213 - Fun sized

I've been staring at this pink skirt for weeks now, ever since I shortened this dress, and made a skirt out of this one.  I liked the skirt, but it was a weird just below the knee length. It looked sort of fussy and not fun, and it's really just a cotton skirt and should be fun sized. I had also managed to get some sort of yellow stain along the bottom edge of the skirt, like I sat in mustard...Yes, at some point, I probably managed to sit in mustard.

So, chopped 5 inches off the bottom of the skirt and hemmed away.  It was much easier this time, since I had practiced before.  When I was 2/3s of the way done, I noticed that the tension was off, and the hem was rippling, but I sort of liked the way it looked, so I just kept going. I think it's cute now and fun sized. 




Since the sewing machine was already out, I decided to finally do something with the extra fabric I had from this dress I made for Lydia. I had been promising Teagan a little shirt to match, and she and I initially thought it would be cute to make a ruffle at the bottom using the pink fabric from the skirt I had just hacked.  However, after fighting with the ruffle for over an hour, I changed my mind and just hemmed the shirt and called it cute. And of course, Teagan is always fun sized.

0 comments:

Post a Comment