Day 199 - Daybed Dreams


My girls are at camp this week, so it's time to take care of all of those things that having 2 crazy babies around all summer prevents me from doing. On the list for today: A dentist appointment, signing the contract for the sale of the old house with the realtor and redecorating the playroom.

The girls have had free reign of the playroom for the past 5 weeks and it's a disaster. A daybed with no bedding, toys and dolls everywhere, crafts, crayons and paper scattered and absolutely nothing seems to have a permanent home. It's far from welcoming and is a room I try to avoid because of the mess and the chaos. I heard rumors that a friend and her 4 daughters (yes 4!) will be coming to stay in a few days as they drive through town. My math tells me that 2 old friends and 6 daughters will be a night of fun, and that we will need more places to sleep.

So today I went shopping and came home with a big pile of linens and a plan to turn the daybed in the playroom into somewhere someone might actually want to sleep. One advantage to moving in the summer? Great bedding and linen prices because of the "Prepare for Dorm Life" sales going on everywhere.  Luckily I didn't have to buy a comforter because I still had one in storage that I made years and years ago. It's butter yellow with lilac flowers and I loved it too much to get rid of it. Now I get to enjoy it again!

A friend helped me rearrange the furniture, and now I just have to figure out where to put everything before the girls get home and try to mess it all up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment