Day 181 - Crunch and munch

I am clearly on vacation. I lose my phone in the house for hours at a time, forget to check my email, haven't been responding to messages and I still have no idea what Google+ is, although I am now the proud owner of an account.

After our trip to the fair yesterday, ear piercing and a major grocery restocking, we were late to get up this morning. Well, actually Lydia and I got up early and watched music videos laying in bed while Teagan slept.  But, then the girls had haircuts, we went swimming, I rearranged all the food cabinets in the kitchen,  made kettle corn and restarted the sandal painting project.

I am doing a little bit of 4th of July practice cooking. I want to make kettle corn, brownie pops and maybe these haystacks. The kettle corn is very American, the brownie pops I want to dip in white chocolate and decorate with red and blue sprinkles. Clearly the haystacks don't really fit (aside from the name) but I have been craving them lately, so there you go. I tried making kettle corn the other day, and it was good, but today's was better. The hardest part is getting the stove at the right temperature to pop the corn, but not so hot that it burns the sugar. I'm getting closer, it wasn't at all burnt, but I am not getting enough of the popcorn to pop.

The shoe project continues... I scraped all of the paint off the shoes with a razor blade and then sanded them and painted them again with the base coat, 3 times.  Fingers crossed that it works better this time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment