Day 179 - The rain rain rain came down down down...

It poured rain today,  which is pretty odd for California this time of year and pretty wonderful if you ask me.  I liked it for two reasons.

First,  I grew up in Santa Cruz where the summers are often foggy and cold and you wear sweatshirts all summer. That means that some summer days are spent inside reading books, watching Wimbledon, and lounging about. Sometimes the sun was out when you woke up, sometimes it cleared before noon, and sometimes it didn't clear up at all. When the sun is out, you make extra effort to appreciate the good weather get outside.  Then I moved to San Jose, the land of hot summers days and endless sunshine...and no time for laying around inside reading books and watching TV. I feel like every summer day needs to be used and embraced, but I secretly long for a day or two of bad weather so I can stay home and do nothing. 

Second, it's hard to know if your house is warm and cozy in the midst of good weather.  But when it's pouring rain and you are stuck inside, you know pretty quick if your house is a place you want to curl up with a book. My house passed the test, and we spent a good part of the day playing board games, reading and watching movies. It was wonderful. 

Before
Lovely Paint. 
And I started a little project...I am attempting to repaint my Dr Scholl's sandals because I saw a really cute post about it on the Martha Stewart craft blog.   Looked easy enough... but I forgot that nothing that Martha does is easy, even if she claims it's easy.  I also forget that Martha has a team of crafters that help her to execute all of her grandiose ideas. So the girls and I went to the craft store and bought some paint in a variety of lovely colors, and I blue taped my shoes and dutifully covered them in 3 coats of my base color. 

During...

 And then disaster struck.  Well, crafting disaster. The blue tape started pulling off the base coat in big chunks...Sigh. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment