Day 60- National Pancake Day and dumpster diving

Did you know that today was National Pancake Day at ihop?

We ventured down to ihop to enjoy some delicious pancakes after dinner. I usually miss National Pancake Day at the International House of Pancakes because it's usually held on mardi gras and I am doing other things.  I guess since Easter was late this year, we lucked out.

  I had forgotten about all the syrup flavors. That was a big hit with the girls, although they were only willing to try boysenberry.  Apparently strawberry and blueberry were a little to adventurous for them. After seeing the strawberry syrup, I can't blame them, it had a striking resemblance to fake blood from Halloween costumes.

When we got home, I remembered that I needed to put my registration sticker on my car. I soon realized that my car registration, which had been sitting on the counter for the last three weeks, was missing.   After a frantic search through the house and the 2,000 photocopies sent home with the girls each day,  I concluded I must have recycled it.  So 9:30pm, still in my work clothes, found me on the driveway, crawling into my recycling bin, which I had tipped onto it's side for easier access to the contents.  Did I mention it had started to rain at this point as well?  Thankfully, I found the registration; of course it was right near the bottom of the can.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment