Day 13- Size matters, it always matters.

I like to knit.  I am a knitting nerd.  I even belong to Ravelry, which is a Facebook for knitters.  (Don't judge, you are reading a blog about home crafts).

As a knitting nerd, I tend to buy yarn and tools and magazines about knitting, and download patterns from the web and then rarely complete the projects I start.  At the moment, I can count at least 5 different knitting projects hidden around my house in various stages of completion, as well as knitting needles, scraps of yarn and other assorted knitting needs.

 I usually stop knitting when I get frustrated, and by frustrated I mean that I have either tink-ed (that's knit backward) it multiple times already or have gotten bored. I like that about knitting. That you can make something, decide that it's not quite right, tear it apart and make it again or make it into something else.


I was sharing my knitting woes with a woman at work and she suggested that I liked the process of finding the yarn and pattern, more than I liked the production of the garment.  I considered that, but I think that really, it's that I want it to be just right, and since you can tear it apart, why wouldn't you?


Yesterday, I finished a sweater I have been working on for my mom.  Technically, it's a caplet, cabled caplet to be exact, that I have been working on for the last 2 years. And actually, before it was supposed to be a cabled caplet, it was a cardigan that I knit for myself, wore once and decided it was too hot to wear.



I was very excited to be finished at last, to have it done. I had been worried about the cables, but they had  turned out nicely. I couldn't wait to give it to my mom.  And then I tried it on.  It's sized for a 6 year old.  Either the model is a six year old, or the pattern is wrong.  Despite the fact that I made the sweater once before and it was too small (I was using smaller needles) and the numerous warnings on Ravelry,  I went ahead and knit a miniature sweater, again.  And now I have to decide if I should tink, or if Teagan just inherited a new cabled caplet...


And, just to prove I have been a productive knitter lately, our lovely models are wearing two hats and a scarf I recently finished. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment