Day 18- This is not novel, it's annoying.

So there is this wonderful new novelty yarn called PompADoodle. Yes, that is the name.  It's not really yarn, it's more like string with puff balls every 2 inches.


My mom bought the yarn because she wanted to make a scarf. However, I am beginning to suspect she likes the way these novelty yarns looks more than she likes working with the yarn.  A few years ago she bought Fun Fur eyelash yarn and somehow convinced me to make a scarf out of that as well.  

Initially when she asked me I would make the scarf I refused, because:
1. I really hate working with novelty yarn and,
2. The yarn bore an eerie resemblance to her dog, Charlie, a small black Poodle and it sort of creeped me out. 

But, after the Cabled Caplet disaster, I figured I owed her, and how hard could it be to make a simple 1 skein scarf?



Um, IT'S REALLY FLIPPING HARD.  This yarn is making me nuts, it's taken me an hour to get three inches made, and clearly the scarf will need to be much, much longer.  And, I still feel like I am knitting the dog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment