I need this cake. It looks soooo good.

CARROT CAKE with Cream Cheese Pecan Frosting:
Sep 16 2012

Posted in CAKES, DESSERTS, FROSTING
 Oh gee….
Would you like a slice of Cake?

Saturday morning, right before I turned on the vacuum,
I turned on the t.v.
Somehow, it magically tuned into the Food Network.
That cute Pioneer Woman .  . . Ree was dressed up & baking.
It just happened to be this beautiful Carrot Cake.
Her Cake probably looked better, but that’s beside the point.

We have lots of Carrots in our garden . . . that garden won’t die!
I’m not complaining, but I am looking forward to the first frost.  Just don’t tell my husband I said that.
Last week:
I made 6 batches of Salsa . . . from Mild to Hot!
I made Plum Fruit Leather.
I made Plum Huckleberry freezer jam
I bottled green beans and also froze some.

so . . . the way I see it, I need a slice of CAKE.
This Carrot Cake is Ree’s favorite and so I figured that it must be darn good.
It is darn good!
It was really good the first day, but the second day it was even better.

I also added chopped walnuts to the batter, as well as a few golden raisins.
Lots of chopped pecans are in the Cream Cheese Frosting.
I like the flavor that the chopped walnuts add to the baked cake and Pecans for the frosting.
Usually one bite is enough . . . but it wasn’t.
I had five
Big Bites with extra frosting!

Since it’s just the two of us in this big house, I was forced to cut the cake in half.
I ran one half to my sweet neighbor who is busily canning as well.
I figured she also deserved a slice of cake!
If you deserve a delicious slice of cake . . . make this cake . . . put extra frosting on your bites.
You can get up and run early in the morning!!!

    Print This  

CARROT CAKE

adapted from:  Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

Cake:

  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups grated carrots
  • Butter, for greasing
  • Optional:  add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to the batter
  • Optional:  add 1/2 cup of golden raisins

Icing:

  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 pound powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped finely

Directions

For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the granulated sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and combine. Then add the carrots and mix well. Pour the batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan and bake until done, about 50 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
Meanwhile, for the icing: In a larger bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and blend. Then mix in the pecans. Spread the icing on the cooled carrot cake.
Eat. Faint. Repeat as needed.

Print Friendly

0 comments:

Post a Comment