Day 248 - Manuels and Toffee

Last night I attended the bbq of a friend who is moving out of town. A quite enjoyable experience that wasn't quite as enjoyable the next day. My friend Leslie would have said I was looking a little tattered, my friend Cathy would say I was struggling; whatever you want to call it, I was not at the top of my game.

Lucky for me, my day consisted of a trip to Manuels, the most wonderful Mexican restaurant known to man, with my family.  Unfortunately good company, cold Coca Cola and a big plate of chorizo and eggs didn't help much.

Around 7pm, I decided we should go for a swim, not realizing how much it had cooled down since we got home, our swim was a bit on the cold side.  It woke me up enough though to get me in the mood to bake these Salted Caramel Squares from Miss Martha.

I used to make a similar toffee cookie, called Tut's Toffee, but it uses Saltines instead of the chocolate chips, and is apparently sort of famous. Who knew? I don't like chocolate chips that aren't melted so I spread them out, and since I was going to feed them to my co-workers, I left out the nuts since people can get weird abotu nuts. I think I prefer being on the top of my game, and the saltine version of the cookies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment