Day 205- I'm an electrician?

So thanks to Teagan, I now know how to rewire a ceiling fan.  Last night, while she was getting ready for bed, she pulled the light cord too hard. The light came on and the pull cord came off.  I wasn't thrilled, but thankfully how to fix it was easy to find online. This morning the three of us took the fan apart, drew a picture and headed to the hardware store.

It was way more complicated than I thought it would be, since there were special connectors inside, and the pull cord was the wrong color. I gave it a shot and hoped for the best. Then I discovered how challenging holding a ceiling fan over your head, while trying to use a screwdriver can be.  We got it up, and it seems to work.Hopefully the landlady won't notice the gold connector... 

While we were at the hardware store, we got a little hacksaw too.  I cut out the rusty bolt so we could use the other umbrella stand. Now we have a shady place for the glider too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment