Day 202 - Fore!


In 2009 I tore my ACL and had to have surgery. Today was the first time I been golfing since before my injury. Kim said she'd kill me if I took a picture of her socks, so I took one of her swing instead.
To say my golf game has suffered would not accurately describe how badly I played today, and yet I wanted nothing more than to do it again. As soon as possible. I had forgotten just how intriguing golf can be, and all aspects I love about the sport.

I love the micro-climate of the course and all of the gear and equipment involved. I like the beauty of the course and how mentally challenging the game is, like a puzzle or word game. I like my golf bag and its 9 million pockets and compartments. I love the driving range and that there are always beers and fries after playing a round. I love the chance to talk leisurely while you play, punctuated by moments of quiet, humor, concentration and frustration. I like that more experienced golfers always want to play more, or give you advice on how to improve.

It's just a great way to spend a few hours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment