Day 9- Baked Bread...

If December is all about cookies in my house,  then January is all about bread.  Nothing smells better than coming home to the smell of fresh baked bread. I find myself baking loaf after loaf of crusty white breads at this time of year.  Of course healthy whole wheats and multi-grains never find their way into my kitchen; instead I make Portguese Sweet breads, Cinnamon Raisin bread, sweet Sally Lunn egg breads and this loaf, a Basic Brown Bag White Bread... I have already run out of butter... 



I can't really take much credit though, the bread machine does all the work. I literally throw everything in the machine and walk away.  Several hours later freshly baked bread emerges...

2 comments:

Acadian_jl said...

You need to learn how to make it without the machine and who needs butter when you have molasses!! Hmmmm warm homemade bread with molasses...yum yum!

bcahrens said...

I am sure I could make bread by hand, but then when would I have time for all of these other projects? I will add molasses to the grocery list. Right after butter.

Post a Comment