Day 22 - Going downhill

Two years ago I tore my ACL skiing.  It was a fortunate injury in that it happened on a fabulous day of skiing,  (followed by another great day of skiing),  I had no pain and didn't actually know it was torn for a month. 

It was unfortunate in that my response to surgery was less than stellar, and it took me almost a full year to recover from the procedure.

Today was my first chance to try out my new ligament skiing (my own,  not a cadaver).  I wore my knee brace and wasn't overly agressive, but it was still exhilarating and reminded me why I love the sport.  The speed,  the beauty,  the fun is not what you encounter on a daily basis,  and leaves you yearning for more. 

I can't wait to ski again.  The girls took lessons,  and I can't wait to be able to ski with them.  I look forward to skiing for years and years to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment